Happier Every Chapter Complaints Policy
COMPLAINTS HANDLING POLICY AND PROCEDURES
1. Objective of the policy
Happier Every Chapter seeks to maintain and enhance our reputation of providing you with high quality products and services. We value complaints as they assist us to improve our products, services and customer service.
Happier Every Chapter is committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of our customers or potential customers and to resolving your complaint as quickly as possible.
This policy has been designed to provide guidance to both our customers and staff on the manner in which Happier Every Chapter receives and manages your complaint. We are committed to being consistent, fair and impartial when handling your complaint.
The objective of this policy is to ensure:
- You are aware of our complaint lodgement and handling processes,
- Both you and our staff understand our complaints handling process,
- Your complaint is investigated impartially with a balanced view of all information or evidence,
- We take reasonable steps to actively protect your personal information,
- Your complaint is considered on its merits taking into account individual circumstances and needs.
- Definition of a Complaint
In this policy a complaint means an expression of dissatisfaction by a customer relating to product or service provided by us.
- When to Make a Complaint
If you are dissatisfied with product or service (monthly book packs, bundles, creative writing workshops) provided by us, you should in the first instance consider speaking directly with customer service team in one of the following ways:
- By completing a feedback form on our website
- By telephoning us on +44 (0) 7949 820 944
- By writing to us 1 Poyntz Gardens, Dallington, Northampton, NN5 7RY
- By emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
- What Information Will We Need
When we are investigating your complaint we will be relying on information provided by you and information we may already be holding. We may need to contact you to clarify details or request additional information where necessary. To help us investigate your complaint quickly and efficiently we will ask you for the following information:
- Your name and contact details,
- The name of the person you have been dealing with about your product or service,
- The nature of the complaint,
- Details of any steps you have already taken to resolve the compliant,
- Details of conversations you may have had with us that may be relevant to your complaint,
- Copies of any documentation which supports your complaint.
- How long before you get feedback on your complaint?
Happier Every Chapter is committed to resolving your issues at the first point of contact, however, this will not be possible in all circumstances, in which case a more formal complaints process will be followed.
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within two (2) business days. Once your complaint has been received, we will undertake an initial review of your complaint.
There may be circumstances during the initial review or investigation of your complaint where we may need to clarify certain aspects of your complaint or request additional documentation from you. In such circumstances we will explain the purpose of seeking clarification or additional documentation and provide you with feedback on the status of your complaint at that time.
We are committed to resolving your complaint within 10 business days of you lodging your complaint, however, this may not always be possible on every occasion. Where we have been unable to resolve your complaint within 10 business days, we will inform you of the reason for the delay and specify a date when we will be in a position to finalise your complaint.
During the initial review or investigation stage we may need to seek further clarification or documentation from you to assist us in resolving your complaint.
If we have sought clarification or additional documentation from you and we are waiting on you to provide this
information, we may not be able to meet our 10 business day finalisation commitment. In such circumstances upon receipt of your clarification or additional documentation we will indicate to you when we expect to be able to finalise your complaint.
Once we have finalised your complaint, we will advise you of our findings and any action we have taken. We will do this in writing, unless it has been mutually agreed that we can provide it to you via telephone.
You have the right to make enquiries about the current status of your complaint at any time by contacting us.
6. Our 6 step complaints process
- We acknowledge:
Within two business days of receiving your complaint we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint.
- We review:
We undertake an initial review of your complaint and determine what if any additional information or documentation may be required to complete an investigation. We may need to contact you to clarify details or request additional information where necessary.
- We investigate:
Within 10 business days of receiving your compliant we will investigate your complaint objectively and impartially, by considering the information you have provided us, our actions in relation to your dealings with us and any other information which may be available, that could assist us in investigating your complaint.
- We respond:
Following our investigation we will notify you of our findings and any actions we may have taken in regards to your complaint.
- We take action:
Where appropriate we amend our business practices or policies.
- We record
We will record your complaint for continuous improvement process and monitoring through regular review, your personal information will be recorded in accordance with relevant privacy legislation.
- When you complain about one of our employees
If you complain about a member of our staff, we will treat your complaint confidentially, impartially and equally (giving equal treatment to all people). We will investigate your complaint thoroughly by finding out the relevant facts, speaking with the relevant people and verifying explanations where possible.
We will also treat our staff member objectively by:
- informing them of any complaint about their performance,
- Providing them with an opportunity to explain the circumstances,
- Providing them with appropriate support,
- Updating them on the complaint investigation and the result.
- Our Complaints Escalation Process
Where possible, we will attempt to resolve your complaint at the first point of contact. If we are unable to resolve your complaint at the first point of contact, we will undertake an investigation of your complaint and provide you with our findings.
We hope it If you are not satisfied with how your complaint has been handled, or the resolution provided by us, you can request us to escalate your complaint to the Citizens Advice Bureau. Citizens Advice Bureau approach will be to attempt to resolve your complaint through consultation, by working with both you and us, to determine the relevant facts and establish a common ground. Citizens Advice Bureau will remain open and impartial throughout the consultative process and consider your complaint and our actions, in attempting to resolve your complaint on their merits.
- Citizens Advice Bureau. Your rights under consumer law
Should you wish to speak to ATAS about your complaint you can contact them in the following ways:
- By completing a feedback form on their website www.atas.com.au
- By telephoning them on Adviceline (England): 0800 144 8848 or Advicelink (Wales): 0800 702 2020
- By chatting with them here
You reserve the right to refer your complaint to your relevant county or local Citizens Advice Bureau agency at any time.